So we went to our first baby appointment yesterday at McKay Dee Hospital! And it took 3 hours... partly becuase our doctor had to go deliver in the middle of our appointment. But we got an ultrasound picture of the baby. It's 1 inch long, and we saw (not heard) the heart. We got a little picture, I wanted to scan it in but I have no way to. I was pretty much dead on the due date as well, it's July 16th, but only 5% of babies are actually born on their due date so I'm not counting on that day. But I'm excited to have a summer baby... more to do when it comes to birthday parties... and I won't have to worry about a newborn in the cold months.
Josh and I have came up with a name we like for a girl and a boy.
Oh, and there's only one baby. Josh has been saying goodnight to two... but I told him my intuition just told me one. I text my mom that it was only one and she wrote back, "Are you sure?" lol, well unless it's hiding...but I'm pretty positive there's only one. As fun as twins would be..
Our delivery hospital will be Ogden Regional though, I was hoping McKay Dee, it's so nice.. Ogden Regional is fine though, my friend delivered her baby there a few years ago... Anything but Davis hospital... I'll drive the extra 15 minutes.
Well, we get the kids this weekend. We have been waiting to get our tree until this weekend when the kids are here, but now it's gonna snow and rain! Blah, wet tree... I bought the kids new snow gear... and I should still fit in mine... so maybe if there is enough snow we'll build a snowwoman.. haha
Friday, December 12, 2008
First baby appointment
Posted by Watkins Clan at 7:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Awww...the first ultrasound....how awesome!! And thanks for sending me the pic to my phone....I was showing it off to everyone!
I dont think you realize how much I am going to completely SPOIL you and the baby when you come home for your baby shower...like you better rent a U-Haul to take home with you!!
Oh, and can you register somewhere that is like nationwide, like Babies R Us or something so I can get some things can you have actually picked out yourself??
I miss you being here! I wish you, Josh and the kids were living here and you were pregnant here! We could go on walks together, and go baby shopping, and all that fun stuff.
Lately, well actually for the past year or so, I have had this really strong intuition that when I get pregnant (one day) I will definately be having a girl. I can just feel it. I have told Dorin too, but he doesnt really believe me. He's like, "I dont get how you just KNOW." And I just say, "I cant explain it, I just know Im going to have a girl."
Which is fine if we do when I get pregnant, but Dorin would prefer another boy, and I kind of would too, but I know Im going to have a girl so Im excited about that too. I dont know how I know, I just do.
Do you have any feelings like that about your baby?? Or have you in the past?
Post a Comment