BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Kaeley's Room




So months later we finally finished Kaeley's room. We replaced the baseboards with a thicker and prettier material. We also put chair rail around the room, we're still debating on shadow boxes. I think it might clutter the room too much. I mean I already had to move the dresser into the closet. If she didn't have the desk or queen bed the dresser would have fit. I want the kids to have full size bedroom furniture so when they eventually move out they have something to start with.

We're still waiting on our $8,000 for the homebuyers credit. I have even called and talked to the IRS and he said they are doing extensive checks to make it sure it's legit. In the beginning alot of people were lying just to take the money. Anyway back to the subject once we get the money it will all go towards the basement. I am letting the kids pick the color of their room and help decorate it. Kaley picked a lime green color and we decided that was ok. Breana said she wanted black- out of the question but I told her we can accent in black.

Josh finished putting up the chair rail and wainscoting in Royce's room, but we have a lot of prep work to before we can paint. I'm grateful we bought a paint gun so we get it done faster. What I love about both the girls room is they can grow into them not out of them by becoming too 'childish'. Well Royce might change her room design by the time she's a tween but I have many before that .

I know I don't blog as much and it's because I'm stressed with this last 3 classes. Not the best move, saving he hardest classes for last. I prefer in class discussions however Park University (on Hill AFB) doesn't offer all the classes I need on campus, so I'm forced to take them online

So what's been going on in our life

1. Took Mishka (the dog) to get the furminator treatment. It was highly need. (Downside of owning a dog)
2. We ripped out the baseboards in the main bathroom
3. We're heading up to Washington on June 24 to celebrate Royce's 1st birthday- how exciting!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Kaeley's room looks so cute she must be so happy. I'm sure Bre and Dallen are excited to start working on there rooms soon.

The Pappas Family.... said...

Her room looks great!!!