So I was pretty disappointed I wasn't going to be back to Utah in time for the girls birthday. So Thursday night Josh and I were talking and we decided to meet up in Vegas for the weekend. So I booked the hotel, magic show and dinner reservations. Josh and the kids didn't make it to the hotel until 11:00 vegas time. And I had a small store bought cake waiting for each of the girls and their presents from us.We sang happy birthday to the girls as soon as they got to the room and they blew out their candles and opened their presents. We got the girls each a "real" purse, big girl style, a wallet. And new clothes. I even had a gift waiting for Dallen, all clothes and a sleeping bag (haha, cause he had to sleep on the floor). My mom sent down money for the girls and Grandma Watkins sent down a birthday card for the girls and Grandma wall sent both the girls a hoodie and a journal for bre and drawing pad w/markers for Kaeley.
Humpty Dumpty didn't fall off this time...
This look is funnySo, this is our new 10 years old (On Tuesday)... who honestly looks about 14 here! She got $70 dollars for her birthday (Kaeley got $70 too) and Bre and I went shopping at the fashion show and she bought, earring, necklace, hat, bracelets, shirt, socks and shoes and a new webkinz. I think she did pretty well spending her money. Kaeley went to Toys-r-us and got three big toys. A littlest pet shop house, Polly Pocket boat and a barbie pool.
Pirate ship by Treasure Island, they actually have two.
They were pretty amazed with this hotel.
The girls walked into the Venetian.. and the whole time they were like "Wow.. this is soo beautiful...." Dallen didn't seem fased.. boy thing I guess
Birthday dinner at a Tempanyaki restaurant. I still love the tempanyaki restaurant in Clearfield out of all the ones I've been too.
This picture was taken inside the Tiffany Theater at the Tropicana... this is where we saw Xtreme Magic by Dirk Arthur... this story gets even better... Josh and I were pretty unimpressed by alot of the magic because after that one magician spilled all the magic secrets I've been looking for a real wizard. But the kids were glued! Anyway it still gets better. The magician used alot of animals in his show, a lion, tiger, liger (yes, they are real) and some other big cat. At one point in the show the Magician needed a kid volunteer. So he picked Dallen!!! I swear we were the only parents who brought their kids to the show. So Dallen, looking all handsome, goes on stage and the magician puts a magic cloak on him and puts his hands through the cloak to look like dallen's. And he does some magic tricks like making a square turn to a circle, and hankerchifs change colors and a rope stand perfectly straight. At the end he brought out a blank piece of white paper and put it threw a roller and it turned into a poster of the show and he signed it to Dallen from him and gave him a $30 white snow tiger. Dallen was just gleeming up there, but being as smart as he is he was like I knew how he did those tricks... smarty pants. But him going up on stage made his day. And after the show we bought picture of him on stage (cause there was no photography of our own). So as soon as I can get that scanned I'll put that on here.
Dallen watching the unicyclist. There were some really tall unicycles I was afraid he'd fall.
So we went to Circus Circus and they have circus shows every half hour, so we saw the unicyclist and juggler. Then we hit the kids casino (aka- Arcade/games). And we played all the dollar games and we made sure we played the games that was guaranteed a winner every time and if only our family was playing then we were guaranteed something. We ended up winning 5 stuffed animals! Josh won me a bear. It looks like an antique bear so I named it Annabear. The kids seriously left Vegas with about 8 more stuffed animals than they came down with (total between all of them).
This was an amazing weekend. I'm so glad we could finally take the kids to Vegas and spend some time with them looking around. It'll be a memory of theirs for long to come. There will still be a family party for the girls the next weekend they come down to Layton, so for anyone who plans on coming it'll be October 4, standby on a time.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Fun spontaneous birthday weekend!
Posted by Watkins Clan at 5:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow! You really know how to hit the town when you go! I went a few months ago and only did a fraction of the things you did. I'm so glad that you all got together for a weekend. You really deserve to have a great time together.
That sounds like fun! Bre looks so grown up. And I bet Dallen was so cute up there on stage! Gald you guys had so much fun. Let me know if you want me to do the party at my house. Happy Birthday Girls!!!
Post a Comment